Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer 2011

I got inspired (yes, I got inspired after my last *uninspired* post) by reading this blog, and decided that we needed a 'Summer 2011' list at the Furedy household.  The kiddos (with some strong suggestions from mommy) spent a few evenings brainstorming things that they would like to do this summer.  I added a few things, and created our Summer List (I'll just say that I know there are things they added to the list without checking with the person who would do those things with them... so if you are reading this and you see you've been recruited to our summer list... I am very sorry, but ... you love our kids... right?)

Here's the list in all it's glory....


And of course, once you have the list, you need to start crossing things off... right?  (you'll notice I didn't get the picture BEFORE Colin crossed something off.. I think he likes lists too!)  If you have really good eyesight, you can see that on Sunday night we crossed off our first item by heading to Dave and Busters.  We really enjoy this place, but it can be a fairly expensive night out (although we had a coupon for $10 of free game play and Joe and I's dinners each came with $10 of game play, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been), so it isn't some place that we go often.  But... we always have a lot of family fun (where we all play and laugh and goof around together) while we are there.  I noticed that this time the kids were providing the direction- 'there's a game over there I want to play' rather than Joe and I suggesting things.  They are growing up way too fast...  Here are a few photos of our first summer outing.  We'll start with a happy Mommy and Daddy...
Followed by some happy kids...
 
Colin won about 500 tickets on this one game.  He was SO proud of himself...
 
Overall, I think it was a good choice for the first summer thing... now we are just trying to figure out what comes next... and also trying to figure out how you check off something that you do more than once (for example the kids are more than half way done with the Summer Reading Program at the library... so do we check that off when they are actually done?).  I'm sure we'll figure it out!

So, my friends, what's on YOUR summer list?? (if you noticed, I've got a little space at the bottom if you have a great idea!)
:)  Night all.
C

2 comments:

Biscuits 'N Gravy said...

Great idea! So going to copy you and make a summer list too!

JJ Mom said...

I need a summer list.