Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Summer of Our Lives (Totally!)

If you follow me on Twitter OR on Facebook (or both, I know, I have a problem.. probably need an intervention, but who has time for that?) you know that I'm on a modified work schedule and I've squeezed in a few (just a few, but my consecutive two weeks off are coming... SOON) vacation days to stay home and enjoy my kiddos.  I actually found myself refusing to let my dear daughter have a playdate this week on one of the days that I had with them because it was the first day all summer that I was going to have Colin and Julia *all* to myself.  To just kick back, be their mom and ENJOY (now, after a few more of these days, I am wondering just WHAT I was thinking, but anyway...).  Please don't be concerned.  Mr. Furedy is still around (he loves us a lot...) but he's still working his normal schedule, so during the day it's just me and the kiddos.

We are doing our best to cross items off of our Summer List and we are making EXCELLENT progress (we are also making good progress on the list that I did NOT share with the world,the list that isn't written in pretty colors on a posterboard but rather scrawled on a ratty piece of notebook paper, the- decrapify the Furedy household list- not nearly as much fun for the kids or for myself, but at the same time very satisfying).

Here's some photo evidence of our recent summer fun for your viewing pleasure...

Of course, the first picture I want to share is NOT of my kiddos, but of some summer fun that I had with my bestie Karen when she went to see (the most awesome hairstylist in the world.. I can provide his contact info folks!) my dear friend Drew to get her locks cut.  We had a GREAT time that night.... (and yes, for those of you wondering, she is practically kneeling in this photo so our heads can be close together- that's what happens when your friend is a foot taller than you are!)

Here's Mr. Furedy (see, I told you he's still around) and the kiddos on Father's Day at Olive Garden.  Father's Day was rock awesome with an amazing breakfast with our amazing Papa (thanks to the amazing Nana), followed by some great family time (can you say pasta AND game night- can't believe my kiddos are old enough to play Dominion with us!)

The kids and I spent one very memorable and very awesome afternoon with their GreatGrandma Miriam (aka GG), their Great Aunt Kate (aka GAK), and their Grandma Paulette (no aka here, just Gramma).  We hung out, ate Subway, and played games.  I don't know how many more uninterrupted and relaxed afternoons we are going to have with our dear GG, so this was a wonderful way to spend a summer day.

Uncle Andrew and Aunt Stacy have a new house.  And their new house has a basketball hoop.  As soon as Colin saw that, he decided that he really *needed* to play basketball with Uncle Andrew (this is really shocking coming from my non-team sport playing son, but hey, maybe he's branching out).  Their basketball 'smackdown' turned into a family barbeque.  Only thing that would have made it better?  Yeah, maybe that it wasn't like 115 degrees outside.  Here's the competition....

Julia and Daddy even got in on the act (I think this would be considered *cheating*, but maybe I don't understand the rules of basketball either.. oh, and yet more photo evidence of Mr. Furedy!)

We even took a walk down to look at the lake.... here's the 'better' side of our family.... (he, he... I'm taking the photo of course, I would never share that 'end' of myself, but where is Colin you ask?  Up the hill about 50 feet waiting for all us to hurry up and get done so more basketball could be played...)

This post is now SO picture heavy that I'm amazed Blogger is still allowing me to type... so I think I will close.  We are (totally) having the summer of our lives (I don't know what words to use to fully describe the joy in my heart right now).  There are so many things that we've done that aren't captured here... summer movies, outside dinners, many trips to the library, long bike rides (again, why do we decide that is fun when it is so dang hot?) and that doesn't even touch all the cool stuff that Julia and Colin have done with Nana and Papa while Joe and I are at work.

Hope your summer is going well... and that you are having a chance to sit back and enjoy your life as it is in this moment, because my friends *that* is what it is all about....

Have an awesome day. (and yes, you may be wondering WHY I am posting in the morning, when I never post in the morning and always at night?  It may, just may, have something to do with exercise avoidance.  But, I am going.  Right now.  Promise.)
C

No comments: